Re: 2.6.24 regression: reference count leak in PPPoE

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 17:59:58 EST

Hi!

> My workstation running 2.6.24-rc8 just hung during shutdown with an endless
> (or rather I didn't wait more than a few minutes) loop of
>
> unregister_netdev: waiting for ppp-device to become free. Usage count = 1
>
> ppp-device was an active PPPoE device.
>
> No more information currently.

Actually, I'm getting something similar:

usb 2-2: USB disconnect, address 23
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usbdev2.23_ep83
usb0: unregister 'cdc_ether' usb-0000:00:1d.0-2, CDC Ethernet Device
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usb0
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for usb0 to become free. Usage count = 1
PM: Removing info for usb:2-2:1.0
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usbdev2.23_ep81
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usbdev2.23_ep02

The unregister_netdevice made it onto console, that means pretty
severe log level. Happened while playing with openmoko connected with
USB cable.
Pavel