Re: Making a USB driver

From: J. Pablo FernÃndez
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 18:21:17 EST

On Monday 21 January 2008 22:00:31 Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 01/21/2008 09:11 PM, J. Pablo FernÃndez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm interested in making a driver for the Kinesis Savant Elite
> > Programable USB Foot Switches[1].
>
> [1]+1 says
> Linux, Sun and other Non Windows Platforms
> Â Requires available USB port. Uses generic drivers provided by the
> operating system. Due to the heterogeneity in these platforms, we cannot
> guarantee compatibility with these systems. However, if your system can use
> any USB mouse and keyboard, it will probably work with a Savant or Savant
> Elite foot switch.
>
> I guess it's ordinary input device without any special driver needs.

It sends ordinary mouse and keyboard commands, but you need a driver to
program it what commands to send, and that's the part I want to cover: " it
can be easily reprogrammed on a Windows [and only Windows] PC to perform any
keyboard action or key combination."
--
J. Pablo FernÃndez <pupeno@xxxxxxxxxx> http://pupeno.com