Re: Massive IDE problems. Who leaves data here?

From: Manuel Reimer
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 15:56:43 EST

Ray Lee wrote:
(Please always do a reply-to-all for this email list.)

Currently I don't have a SMTP server configured. As soon as my system is trustworthy, again, I'll do that.

Bad or almost bad power supplies can cause lots of unhappy problems
such as these. If you have another power supply laying around, it can
be worth swapping them out. Double-checking that your CPU fan is still
spinning, and that memtest86+ doesn't show any errors doesn't hurt
either.

... that may be possible...

I have all PCI slots filled with cards, two big IDE hard drives and one DVD RAM writer. I already disconnected the DVD drive, as this was nearly unusable with all those IDE errors. The power supply is (AFAIR) a 200 watt one.

But may the power supply cause corrupted data? Shouldn't that crash down the PC completely?

CU

Manuel