Re: [patch] x86: test case for the RODATA config option

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 04:10:42 EST

Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This patch adds a test module for the DEBUG_RODATA config
> option to make sure change_page_attr() did indeed make
> "const" data read only.

The only that this does that is not done pretty much equivalently
by pageattr-test.c (it just checks G instead of W) is testing the kernel
text mapping on 64bit. On 32bit it is fully redundant I believe.

Testing the kernel mapping might be a good idea, but I would
suggest adding it to pageattr-test.c

Yes I'm sure these basic facts will not stop it from being
applied anyways; just wanted to point it out for the benefit
of the list readers.

-Andi