JMicron PATA 2.6.24-rc7 can't find drives

From: Marcin Gil
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 17:24:06 EST

Hi!

I have Asus p5b-v motherboard with Intel ICH8R + JMicron 20360/20363.

I am currently using zen-sources 2.6.24-rc7-zen2-g7c7e9c4a
(zen-sources.org) based on kernel 2.6.24-rc7. I have also these sources
directly with no solution to below problem (the mm-sources also don't help).

I have ATA turned off completely and SCSI stuff (generic, disk, cdrom)
compiled in. SATA for Intel ICH8, AHCI also compiled in. JMicron PATA as a
module.

I have SATA drive connected to SATA0 and Maxtor IDE drive + DVD burner
connected to single IDE slot.

Booting this kernel off the SATA drive works perfectly, however the IDE drive
is not found/put into /dev. However the DVD is properly recognized and
created as sr0.

Is this known problem? I've looked all over google and found out that people
have problems with CD/DVD drives with pata_jmicron but in my case DVD is
working ok but HDD is not.

Is there a solution for this or can I give you more information to help me
solve this?

Thank you for your time and patience.
-Marcin Gil

PS. Please CC all answers to me as I have not joined the list.