Re: Massive IDE problems. Who leaves data here?

From: Manuel Reimer
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 11:25:31 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
Yes, or dodgy connectors or other problems. The CRC itself is computed by
the hardware each end so a BadCRC error really means the two ends
disagree about the data.

I'll have a closer look at the connectors, but as I replaced the whole cable for the fourth time, today, I don't think, that the connectors are the reason. Plugging in and out should have cleaned the connectors.

That is *usually* a cable/electrical noise problem. It can be power and
it can occasionally show up if the software misprograms the timing so the
two ends are a bit out of sync.

Even if it *would* be a timing problem, I would be unable to debug or fix this.

Yours

Manuel