Re: CS5536 mfgpt timer setup register hangs board

From: Hasan Rashid
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 19:17:26 EST

This is what TinyBios posts
PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.99
640 KB Base Memory
130048 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 848A CF 128MB
Phys C/H/S 1002/8/32 Log C/H/S 1002/8/32

BIOS setup:

(9) 9600 baud (2) 19200 baud *3* 38400 baud (5) 57600 baud (1) 115200 baud
*C* CHS mode (L) LBA mode (W) HDD wait (V) HDD slave (U) UDMA enable
(M) MFGPT workaround
(P) late PCI init
*R* Serial console enable
(E) PXE boot enable
(X) Xmodem upload
(Q) Quit

The MFGPT workaround is disabled, and I deleted the workaround code that
came with voyage linux's distribution. Anyhow I will try the fix and see
if that solves my problem.

--
Regards,
Hasan Rashid