Re: 2.6.24 regression: Wake On Lan in sky2 broken on Mac mini

From: Tino Keitel
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 08:43:21 EST

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 14:37:38 +0100, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

[...]

> However, it _is_ a fact that there is a proliferation of specialized
> mailing lists, and it is also a fact that many developers _only_ read
> those lists. I'm in no way defending this behaviour, on the contrary
> I probably dislike it as much as you do. But we can't ignore it.

I planned to post this to netdev first, but then I thought that it's
more a task for the stable team and/or those people who track
regressions, and I don't know if those people track all the subsystem
mailing lists. Especially as there is a patch that fixes the issue for
me, and the corresponding bugzilla entry is alrealy marked as resolved
and "patch available", so it seems to me as it is just a matter of
incorporating an existing patch into further revisions of 2.6.24.

Regards,
Tino