Re: [Patch v2] Make PCI extended config space (MMCONFIG) a driveropt-in

From: Greg KH
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 15:47:02 EST

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 01:32:06PM -0500, Tony Camuso wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Have you given Grant's suggestion any further consideration?
>
> I'd like to know how the MMCONFIG issues discussed in this thread are going
> to be handled upstream. I have a patch implemented in RHEL 5.2, but I would
> rather have the upstream patch implemented, whatever it is.

Well, everyone still doesn't seem to agree on the proper way forward
here, so for me to just "pick one" isn't very appropriate.

So, can we try again?

Can people submit, what they think the change should be? Right now I
have Arjan's patch in my kernel tree, but will not send it to Linus for
.25 for now, unless everyone thinks that is the best solution at the
moment (which, for me, I'm leaning toward right now...)

thanks,

greg "can't we all just get along?" k-h