Re: PATCH/RFC: bzImage payload as compressed ELF file.

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 13:31:29 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
It's also easy enough to either use objdump -h or nm to extract info from vmlinux; or for some of the simpler stuff, just parse the ELF directly (perhaps using libelf).

There is also the -R option to ld, which imports symbols from one executable into another.

Yes, I used -R, though it was necessary to generate a copy of vmlinux with a filtered symbol list to prevent collisions. But I'm not sure any of this is necessary with Ian's approach.