RE: Problem with ata layer in 2.6.24

From: Adam Turk
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 17:57:37 EST

> From: gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxx
>>if this works then it really needs to move and be renamed. I am compiling
>> with DEV_SR set.
>>
> That fixed me right up, Adam, & k3b is once again as happy as a clam.

Fixed it for me too. I just realized the default config in 2.6.24 is way different than the default config in 2.6.23.

If I remember correctly there was talk of separating the libata and scsi code. This was awhile ago. I am not a kernel programmer, only a user, but either the scsi and libata kconfig menus should be joined and made generic, or options like cdrom support should be in both kconfig menus. Alan says libata is scsi with an accent so maybe merging the two isn't as bad as it sounds.

Just my $0.02 cents, probably worth less in this case.
Adam