Re: at91sam9260 wakeup on serial port

From: michael
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 19:37:51 EST

Hi,
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:21:57 -0800
David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's a separate WAKE_N pin that is completely asynchronous, so with
some external logic, we can probably wake up the CPU all the way from
Static mode if a given input state is present. But that's definitely
"board specific" territory, and starting the oscillators take a _long_
time on the AP7000 (especially the 32 kHz, but then again, it barely
consumes any power, so we might as well keep it running and keep the
RTC going as well.)
Maybe is possible to create a generic device based on the gpio to provide
wakeup solutions on suspend-ram state to the peripherals
that registered to him

serial->register_gpio_wakeup x_driver->register_gpio_wakeup

serial->suspend x_driver
| |
| |
\------> gpio_power->suspend <-----------/

serial->resume x_driver
| |
| |
\------> gpio_power->resume <------------/

|----request_irq n1
gpio_power-----|----request_irq n2
|----request_irq n3

Create an attribute on the sysfs to add a wakeup reason to the user space.

Regards Michael