Re: [2.6 patch] remove smbfs

From: Steve French
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 13:53:54 EST

I have mounted to Windows98 a few months ago with no problems (other
than a few restrictions like you can't set the file times via utimes).
For mounts to Windows98 note that you have to specify the server
netbios name on the mount (since it is not the same as the DNS name).
In your example your would need to specify "servernetbiosname=WIN98"
in the mount options (until mount.cifs autoretries with
servernetbiosname assumed to be the beginning of the UNC name - note
that later servers have a dummy netbios name that is used so this
mount option is only needed for OS/2 and Win9x).

I will try mounts to Windows98 again.

--
Thanks,

Steve