Re: e1000 full-duplex TCP performance well below wire speed

From: Bruce Allen
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 14:37:55 EST

Hi Bill,

I see similar results on my test systems

Thanks for this report and for confirming our observations. Could you
please confirm that a single-port bidrectional UDP link runs at wire
speed? This helps to localize the problem to the TCP stack or interaction
of the TCP stack with the e1000 driver and hardware.

Yes, a single-port bidirectional UDP test gets full GigE line rate
in both directions with no packet loss.

Thanks for confirming this. And thanks also for nuttcp! I just recognized you as the author.

Cheers,
Bruce