Re: Extending mmu_notifiers to handle __xip_unmap in a sleepablecontext?

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 14:17:32 EST

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Robin Holt wrote:

> Currently, it is calling mmu_notifier _begin and _end under the
> i_mmap_lock. I _THINK_ the following will make it so we could support
> __xip_unmap (although I don't recall ever seeing that done on ia64 and
> don't even know what the circumstances are for its use).

Its called under lock yes.

The problem with this fix is that we currently have the requirement that
the rmap invalidate_all call requires the pagelock to be held. That is not
the case here. So I used _begin/_end to skirt the issue.

If you do not need the Pagelock to be held (it holds off modifications on
the page!) then we are fine.