Re: Unable to boot kernel 2.6.24 (lvm unable to find VolGroup00)

From: Sam K. Raju
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 11:23:58 EST

Hi Frans,

On 2/2/08, Frans Pop <elendil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Sam,
>
> Sam K. Raju wrote:
> > As soon as the new kernel released I decided to give it a try. I had
> > RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 with two kernel, 2.6.9-55.ELsmp & 2.6.17.3.
> > I downloaded the new kernel 2.6.24, configured and installed. But
> > while booting, Kernel panic giving the following error:
> [...]
>
> The kernel mailing list is not really the correct place for such questions.
> Suggest you try one of the user mailing lists for your distribution.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

Sorry for asking this question here in kernel mailing list but I
thought this would be the best place for my problem. I thought the
problem is related with the kernel and not with my distribution.
I even asked the same question at two user mailing lists but didn't
got any solution from them yet.

May be I need to wait for few more days for any solution. :-(

Thanks,
Sam