hpet on nforce4/MCP51 in asus a6t

From: f.cecco77@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 14:01:55 EST

Hello,
I have a asus a6t with nforce4/MCP51 chipset. I pass to kernel 2.6.24
32 bit the options acpi_use_timer_override and hpet=force, in this way
and the timer IRQ ends up routed as IO-APIC-edge instead of XT-PIC.
With acpi_use_timer_override I just get:

TIMER: vector=0x30 apic1=0 pin1=2 apic2=-1 pin2=-1

and it works through the IO-APIC.

Instead the hpet is disabled and I just get :

Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -85010975 ns)

Is possible to have hpet working also with if the BIOS doesn't support
it ?

I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list

Cecco