Re: [build bug] drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:913: error: 'Scsi_Cmnd' hasno member named 'use_sg'

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 06:01:47 EST

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Boaz Harrosh wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31 2008 at 19:29 +0200, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > FYI, automated testing found the following build breakage:
> >
> > drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c: In function 'esp_get_dmabufs':
> > drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:913: error: 'Scsi_Cmnd' has no member named 'use_sg'
> > drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.c:914: error: 'Scsi_Cmnd' has no member named 'request_bufflen'
> >
> > config attached.
> >
> > Ingo
> >
> Cc linux-scsi mailing list.
>
> This driver and others are scheduled to be removed in the scsi-pending tree
> and are awaiting ACKs from - disappeared - maintainers.

Well, buried in some other activities. You certainly have had my ack to
remove dec_esp.c already and I started to work on replacement front-end
drivers long ago.

Unfortunately one of the three hardware configurations to be supported by
the front-ends does not fit the interrupt handling model implemented by
the esp_scsi.c core. Or it is actually the other way round as you cannot
adjust hardware to fit the driver, so I am in a process of rewriting the
core a little bit in this respect -- the core switches to interrupt
polling under some circumstances and does not expect a higher-priority
interrupt of a different kind to arrive from the bus master controller the
SCSI chips are attached to instead.

Being no SCSI expert though I have to study the SCSI spec well enough to
understand some bits and I am somewhat distracted these days, so it may
take a while yet. It is at the highest priority on my to-do list though.

Maciej