Re: SLUB: Support for statistics to help analyze allocator behavior

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 02:50:20 EST

Pekka J Enberg a écrit :
Hi Christoph,

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Christoph Lameter wrote:
The statistics provided here allow the monitoring of allocator behavior
at the cost of some (minimal) loss of performance. Counters are placed in
SLUB's per cpu data structure that is already written to by other code.

Looks good but I am wondering if we want to make the statistics per-CPU so that we can see the kmalloc/kfree ping-pong of, for example, hackbench better?

AFAIK Christoph patch already have percpu statistics :)

+#define STAT_ATTR(si, text) \
+static ssize_t text##_show(struct kmem_cache *s, char *buf) \
+{ \
+ unsigned long sum = 0; \
+ int cpu; \
+ \
+ for_each_online_cpu(cpu) \
+ sum += get_cpu_slab(s, cpu)->stat[si]; \
+ return sprintf(buf, "%lu\n", sum); \
+} \