Re: Monthly md check == hung machine; how do I debug?

From: Robin Lee Powell
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 14:18:52 EST

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:55:17PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I tend to adjust the max disk speed raid is allowed to use, since
> the default of 200MB/s makes the system close to unusable while it
> is taking place. Could having slow disk access be causing things
> to lock up?

I don't know if it could or not, but I have no performance problems
at all when the sync is running, as long as it doesn't lock up, so
it seems unlikely to me.

(Shout out to a fellow CSC sysadmin, btw.)

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/