Re: CS5536 How to detect a reset by the WDT?

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 15:45:35 EST

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:40:27PM -0800, Hasan Rashid wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to detect a reset caused by the MFGPT
> WDT in CS5536? I am using the ALiX2c0 boards.

I don't believe there is any way to do that. Not 100% sure though.
We actually have an I2C M41T81 with battery backed ram to be our main
watchdog so that we can identify when a watchdog trigger occoured on the
system. Most watchdogs do not provide any state information to the
system after a reset unfortunately.

--
Len Sorensen