Re: [git pull] x86 arch updates for v2.6.25

From: David Cullen
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 22:06:21 EST

Dear Kernel Maintainers,

I am with Phil Oester and Andrew Morton when it comes to getting kgdb into the mainline kernel. I _am_ a full time developer, and when I have to work with Linux kernel code, kgdb makes things a lot easier. I work on many different platforms, with many different operating systems, and there just is not enough time in the day to learn every line of every version of the kernel. kgdb allows me to get in, see what I need, and get out.

That being said, if kgdb _does_ become mainline, and people are able to get more visibility into how the kernel works in real time, you will probably see more exploits. This may be the secret reason for reluctance by the powers on high.

CC me if you want me to see your reply as I am not on the list.

--
Thank you,
David Cullen