Re: [patch 2/3] CONFIG_HIGHPTE vs. sub-page page tables.

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 04:06:49 EST

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 10:46 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I got x86-64 compiled by removing the #include <asm/pgalloc.h> from
> > asm-generic/tlb.h. But who knows what will break if the include is
> > missing .. I'll cross compile some of the other architectures next.
> >

> urgh, well, thanks for trying. If there's significant risk factor (or
> hassle) in fixing the macros then I'd suggest we not do it for now - it's a
> separate project.

I'm still at it. I does make sense to convert the damn macros to inline
functions. The question now is the order of things, the macro cleanup
first or the sub-page page tables first? I would prefer the sub-page
page tables first since that code has been hanging around in -mm for a
while and could go upstream after I regenerated the patch and test
compiled it again. We do need it for KVM and we want to push our KVM
patches for s390 soon.

--
blue skies,
Martin.