Re: T61P sound issue

From: ggriffin10
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 17:33:34 EST

> ooh, a fellow t61p owner. How's suspend and resume working?
I spent days getting it to work. I'm not an expert and don't know if made
any poor decisions, I tested suspend to ram in a bunch of configurations and
finally got it to work consistently. I think I have to restart the network
after resume, but I'm okay with that. Some things that may be of interest:

2.6.18-53.1.4.e15.centos.plus with native nvidia drivers

in /etc/grub.conf:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5.centos.plus ro agp=off
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet

in /ext/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "NvAgp" "1"
Option "NoLogo" "true"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
Option "TripleBuffer" "True"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 24
Modes "800x600" "640x480"