Re: where is the capset kernel module?

From: serge
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 22:26:07 EST

Quoting Jeff Chua (jeff.chua.linux@xxxxxxxxx):
> On Feb 6, 2008 7:40 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >warning: `named' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)
> > Yes it is a really interesting case I have seen before,
> > but did not bother to investigate.
> > CONFIG_SECURITY=y
> > CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m or y
>
> Tried, but didn't help.
>
> Menuconfig can't select these as modules. So may be that's they need
> to be make modular.
>
> [*] Enable different security models
> [*] Socket and Networking Security Hooks (NEW)
> [*] Default Linux Capabilities (NEW)
> [*] File POSIX Capabilities (EXPERIMENTAL)
> [ ] Root Plug Support (NEW)

Odd, I thought the help text was originally far more helpful, including
a url. The message isn't telling you you need a kernel module, but that
you are using an old libcap. It isn't a real problem right now if
you're not using the SMACK LSM, but to get rid of the message upgrade
your libcap from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.6/libcap-2.05.tar.gz

thanks,
-serge