Re: 2.6.24-git15 Keyboard Issue?

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 04:19:23 EST

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Chris Holvenstot wrote:

> I have several hours of running aith nohpet and X's affinity set to 2
> instead of 3 and so far everything is running flawlessly.

Great, so this definitely is some kind of timing issue, thanks for
verifying that.

> which has the same suggestion (taskset) as you made, for me this was
> something new starting with 2.6.24-git15 - maybe something made a timing
> issue fall a little closer to the edge.

Yes, could be some scheduler update that made the problem more visible. If
you'd had time to use git-bisect to find the exact commit that exposes
your problem, that might be interesting. But as you said that this is not
immediately reproducible, it might take ages.

> Would you like me to try and further isolate things for you here by
> either running with just nohpet OR just the taskset to change X's
> affinity?

Yes, that would help. Especially knowing whether running with 'nohpet'
fixes the problem would be nice.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs