Re: 2.6.24-git15 Keyboard Issue?

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 10:08:52 EST

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> > I hope that, from at least my perspective, your question is rhetorical.
> Yeah. The non rhetorical one was directed to Jiri. :)

Actually, I have no idea :) I am right now confused too, I am quite
surprised that 'nohpet' fixes the problem for you, Chris, even though your
system doesn't have HPET at all :)

Could you please double-check that 'nohpet' really reliably fixes the
issue?

I suggested using nohpet as I have already seen reports about such kinds
of problems on machines that had hpet, but this one seems to be more
confusing :)

Also, output of the kernel with the patch Thomas provided would be
interesting.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina