Re: why kexec insists on syncing with recent kernels?

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 12:21:59 EST

Randy Dunlap schrieb:

(...)

Even if you did -f, it must have shutdown the network. I think somehow
in latest kernels there is some dependency on network and that's why
not shutting down network in this case is helping you.

I'm seeing NFS mounts take forever to unmount (at shutdown/reboot).
(forever => 1 hour ... or never completes)

Is this similar to the problem that the OP is asking about?

Is it a diskless station?

Even in not, just make sure you don't shut the network down before NFS is actually unmounted...?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org