Help debugging filesystem activity?

From: rzryyvzy
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 08:17:49 EST

My hard disk on my server is all the time readding and writing some files (I can see it with dstat). However I would like to know which files exactly are readden or written all the time. I know that each filesystem activity goes by the VFS (virtual filesystem).
Is it possible to see all current open files in the VFS?
For example with a command like:
$ cat /proc/fs/vfs/open_files
$ cat /proc/fs/vfs/reading_files
$ cat /proc/fs/vfs/writing_files

?
Is there a possibility? It should be on the VFS level to be independent of the used filesystem.

--
Best regards

--
E-Mail sent with anti-spam site TrashMail.net!
Free disposable email addresses: http://www.trashmail.net/