Regression in latest sched-git

From: Dhaval Giani
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 13:54:18 EST

Hi Ingo,

I've been running the latest sched-git through some tests. Here is
essentially what I am doing,

1. Mount the control group
2. Create 3-4 groups
3. Start kernbench inside each group
4. Run cpu hogs in each group

Essentially the idea is to see how the system responds under extreme CPU
load.

This is what I get (and this is in a shell which belongs to the root
group)
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.212s
user 0m0.004s
sys 0m0.000s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.200s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.004s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.266s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.000s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.113s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.000s
[root@llm11 ~]#

On the sched-devel tree that I have, the same gives me following
results.

[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.057s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.004s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.038s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.004s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.075s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.000s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.071s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.000s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.073s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.004s
[root@llm11 ~]# time sleep 1

real 0m1.055s
user 0m0.000s
sys 0m0.004s

I agree this is not a very great test. Its getting a bit late here. I
will get some better test case tomorrow morning (and if you have some, I
can try those as well). I just did not want the tree to get merged in
without further discussion.

--
regards,
Dhaval