Re: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 17:02:25 EST

> We could simply decide that API changes affecting more than one subsystem
> Must Be Serialized(tm). Explicitly. As in "any such change is posted

Welcome to dreamland. The only way I can get serial changes done is to
wait months and eventually simply persuade Andrew to ignore the
"maintainers" who are basically not responding.

Maybe it works for vfs and mm internals but out here in driverspace
forget it - and if I simply break drivers people get cross instead of
fixing them nowdays.