Re: [patch 1/4] mempolicy: convert MPOL constants to enum

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 20:32:58 EST

Christoph wrote:
> Good. And remove the enum.
>
> It would be better to add some sort of flags field?

On the other hand, despite my brilliant (hah!) endorsement
of bit field flags in my reply a few minutes ago, I'd settle
for (1) removing the enum, and (2) using a flags field and
more defines for the new stuff. I will grant that Christoph
is correct that that form is more common in the kernel, and
there is something to be said for doing things in the most
common manner.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability