Re: [git pull] CPU isolation extensions (updated)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 05:58:41 EST

* Max Krasnyansky <maxk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo said a few different things (a bit too large to quote).

[...]
> And at the end he said:
> > Also, i'd not mind some test-coverage in sched.git as well.

> I far as I know "do not mind" does not mean "must go to" ;-). [...]

the CPU isolation related patches have typically flown through
sched.git/sched-devel.git, so yes, you can take my "i'd not mind"
comment as "i'd not mind it at all". That's the tree that all the folks
who deal with this (such as Paul) are following. So lets go via the
normal contribution cycle and let this trickle through with all the
scheduler folks? I'd say 2.6.26 would be a tentative target, if it holds
up to scrutiny in sched-devel.git (both testing and review wise). And
because Andrew tracks sched-devel.git it will thus show up in -mm too.

Ingo