Re: [git pull] x86 updates

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 03:05:50 EST

* Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> thanks, applied - this first looked like a KVM item, that's why i
>> havent added it. [Btw., feel free to push it via kvm.git as well - as
>> long as you are sure it does not break the build ;-) ]
>
> Yeah, I'm queuing it as well, it will get there one way or the other.

x86.git won that race ;-)

i've had a good deal of build testing done with that patch and there's
no [bzImage-level] build breakage that i can report. Which is not a
surprise, the quality of arch/x86/kvm/ is outstandingly high:

$ code-quality arch/x86/kvm/

errors lines of code errors/KLOC
arch/x86/kvm/ 29 14566 1.9

as a comparison:

errors lines of code errors/KLOC
kernel/ 729 92796 7.8

see: http://redhat.com/~mingo/x86.git/code-quality . It's as arbitrary
of a metric as all static code metrics, but the numbers it emits are
surprisingly close to my personal estimation of the cleanliness of some
in-kernel codebases i ran it again.

[ hint, try "code-quality kernel/sched.c" too ;-) ]

Ingo