2.6.25-rc2: wpa_supplicant BUGs kernel in rwlock recursion

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 12:15:20 EST

Fedora 8 / x86, Dell D610, ipw2200

testcase:

1. boot into runlevel 3
2. log on as root on tty1
3. start wpa_supplicant

2.6.25-rc1-git4 is okay
2.6.25-rc2 BUGs dumping stack on console, but nothing gets in /var/log/messages
2.6.25-rc2-git1 BUGs dumping stack on console, ONLY this in /var/log/messages:

Feb 16 16:51:49 sandman kernel: BUG: rwlock recursion on CPU#0,
wpa_supplicant/2342, c0440220

Will now look for changes between -rc1-git4 and -rc2... .config files
are the same for the two kernels, and available if needed.

I might be able to provide full stack via netconsole, but there's some work
to do to set it up.

thanks,

--alessandro

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements
of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is
something to be enthusiastic about."

(Charles Kingsley)