Re: IO_DELAY documentation

From: Calvin Walton
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 20:54:25 EST

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 20:21 -0500, George Spelvin wrote:
> "make oldconfig" doesn't know how to display the per-item help, so
> something like this is needed. It was a squeeze to make all the help
> text, plus option prompt, fit into 24 lines. If you think that's not
> a concern, some of the wording could be improved.

It's not really well documented (I found it by accident), but you can
see the individual item help; you just need to type the choice number
followed by a question mark, like so:

Choose SLAB allocator
1. SLAB (SLAB)
> 2. SLUB (Unqueued Allocator) (SLUB)
choice[1-2?]: 1?

The regular slab allocator that is established and known to work
well in all environments. It organizes cache hot objects in
per cpu and per node queues. SLAB is the default choice for
a slab allocator.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@xxxxxxxxx>