Re: Status of storage autosuspend

From: Alan Stern
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 22:19:23 EST

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > Should we ignore this issue and submit the patches anyway?
>
> I think you should. "Easy" (and clean) solution to that issue is to
> just return -EPERM from SG_IOCTL if autosuspend is configured in ;-).

:-)

Okay, I'll update the patches to 2.6.25-rc2 and submit them in a few
days. (Actually the SCSI patch has to go in first and the usb-storage
patch afterward, which will probably cause it to be delayed one kernel
version. I don't know any good way to handle these cross-subsystem
updates...)

Alan Stern