sparse - make __CHECK_ENDIAN__ default enabled?

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 17:03:28 EST

Hi Harvey.

Can I ask you to look into the worst offenders so we
can make -D__CHECK_ENDIAN__ enabled per default
in the kernel.
Or maybe we should do it anyway?

I made a quick test-run with a x86 64 bit defconfig.
My first thought was that this was just really bad
because the amount of warnings roughly doubled.

But then inspecting it a little closer I could see
that 8 files had an increase of > 100 additional
warnings when we enabled __CHECK_ENDIAN__ and
that smells like easy targets to bring down the noise.

I did not dare do it for an allyesconfig run - I
am not that brave.

Comments?

Sam