Re: USB OOPS 2.6.25-rc2-git1

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 19:26:14 EST

David Brownell wrote:
On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Andre Tomt wrote:
It has not crashed yet with the patch though.

It seems that one of the tweks in this patch made the watchdog
act better than before. So unless I hear from you (before the
start of next week) that some other message appears, or that your
oops re-appears, I'll submit some version of this patch for RC3.

OOPS'ed again after some hours. The OOPS looks identical to me besides all kind of other crap mixed in the trace due to a lot of unrelated activity going on.

Quite a lot of the same IAA messages (status 8029 and 8028, cmd 10021) in /var/log/debug prior to the crash, over the entire uptime time span.

This was with the first patch posted only. Not any of the other ones.

And if you're up for it, I may have another patch for you
to try on top of this one ... I had an idea about IRQ trigger
modes that might be causing this problem.

It'll have to be tomorrow. Should I throw in the anti-oops patch too?