Re: 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers off after suspend-to-disk.Screen becomes green.

From: david
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 03:31:43 EST

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Well, it seems like we'll have to fix drivers in either case, and isn't a
kexec approach fundamentally more sound and simple, design-wise? Rafael
pointed out some problems with properly setting wakeup states, but I think
that could be overcome...

I don't personally mind kexec at all, but on the other hand, I don't care
about suspend-to-disk in the first place. I do know that some people
really don't want it, and I suspect that they have valid reasons. Ranging
from memory use to simply just performance.

I've been watching for kexec hibernate for a little while now, and the last I saw was that acpi was incompatible with the kexec hibernate (but the suspend folks were still claiming that devices needed to be put in the 'right mode' not just powered off. I've been waiting to see this resolved.

David Lang