Re: USB regression (and other failures) in 2.6.2[45]* - mostly resolved

From: Andrew Buehler
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 11:05:59 EST

On 2/20/2008 2:29 PM, Alan Stern wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Andrew Buehler wrote:

In other words: I don't think that's likely to be practical in the
present instance. If you have reason to believe otherwise (past
positive experience with Novell, for instance), I'd be glad to hear
it.

Greg KH may be able to help in that respect.

I know he's in the CC:, but I'm not sure he's reading this thread, and
I'm hesitant to bother people about things out of the blue unless I have
reason to expect that it's something they're going to care about. (Just
because it's a big deal for me doesn't mean it makes one whit of
difference to anyone else, and from what little I've seen on
linux-kernel he seems to be somewhat important and fairly busy...)

Is there any place (aside from maybe the kernel changelog, which
contains a whole lot - if not several lots - of unrelated
information) where I could find a list of config-symbol name
additions, changes, deletions and meaning changes by version or by
date? That would at least let me build a mapping between the
symbols in the older config and the ones in the new one, which is
about where I would have to start.

Not as far as I know.

Then I suppose I'm reduced to browsing the Kconfig files, reading old
changelogs, and trying a lot of different configs... thanks anyway.

--
Andrew Buehler