Re: Merging of completely unreviewed drivers

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 18:41:44 EST

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm personally of the opinion that a lot of checkpatch "fixes" are anything but. That mainly concerns fixing overlong lines

Perhaps we should increase line length limit, 132 should be fine.

I think checkpatch is useful, but I've agreed from the beginning that the line length complaint is completely silly.

If a driver is full of lines of length >80, that's a problem. If it's just a few, that's more of a developer decision based on the individual line of code.

Jeff