Re: 2.6.24 panics initializing ne2k in mips.

From: Rob Landley
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 17:24:47 EST

On Friday 22 February 2008 08:17:44 you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Ralf Baechle <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 02:17:37AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > > The 2.6.23 kernel built for mips with the attached .config works fine
> > > for me under qemu (both big endian and little endian), but a 2.6.24
> > > mips kernel segfaults initializing the ne2k driver (again when run
> > > under qemu).
> > >
> > > I've traced it to this commit:
> >
> > Known problem. The issue only hits when probing IRQs as the NE2000
> > driver does. This got dropped on the floor in December.
>
> In 2.6.24.2 under qemu (default config as well as my one) its still
> dies at this point.

The patches that fixed it for me were:

http://kernel.org/hg/index.cgi/linux-2.6/rev/85295
http://kernel.org/hg/index.cgi/linux-2.6/rev/85296

Which, as you can see, were already committed to the kernel repository during
the 2.6.25 merge window.

They don't seem to be in the 2.6.24.2 tarball, though.

I dunno if that's the same problem you're seeing or not...

Rob
- Ken Thompson.