Linux 2.6.25-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 17:16:27 EST

Ok, it's out there, ready for your enjoyment.

As usual, most of the updates are in architecture and drivers, with the
dirstat showing about 37% in arch (and that's with rename detection:
there's some file movement in arch/xtensa that would bring it up to 43% if
you looked at it as a traditional diff) and almost 50% in drivers.

Much of the include file stuff is also architecture-related updates.

The driver updates are mostly fairly spread out, but some of it comes from
a couple of new drivers: the mvsas SCSI driver, a new adt7473 driver, and
a couple of new watchdog drivers.

Anyway, here's the managerial overview that you've all been waiting for
(yeah, sure, I can see you all holding your breath):

2.5% arch/h8300/
13.9% arch/mips/configs/
14.6% arch/mips/
6.7% arch/powerpc/configs/
7.5% arch/powerpc/
2.5% arch/x86/
6.1% arch/xtensa/kernel/
6.2% arch/xtensa/
37.0% arch/
3.5% drivers/ata/
6.0% drivers/hwmon/
2.3% drivers/media/radio/
6.1% drivers/media/video/
9.0% drivers/media/
3.1% drivers/net/
13.0% drivers/scsi/
5.1% drivers/watchdog/
47.6% drivers/
2.4% fs/
2.9% include/asm-xtensa/
5.1% include/
2.0% net/

Now, if you ignore the architecture-specific stuff and drivers, the rest
is mostly in networking, soem Documentation updates, and a few filesystem
updates (mainly efs and xfs).

Anyway, the upshot of it all? Quite frankly, it's all over the place. The
changes in -rc3 are bigger than -rc2, probably mostly because we had some
more time (-rc2 was a couple of days early because of the long weekend in
the US), but hopefully also because people have started to find
regressions.

Reading the shortlog (too big to be posted, although not by much), a lot
of it really is fairly trivial. Things like sparse warning cleanups etc.
But we had a nasty SLUB corruption issue in -rc2 that is fixed (not that
very many people probably saw it), and we've hopfully fixed a number of
regressions in networkign and suspend/resume.

So give it a good testing, please,

Linus