Re: broken suspend in .2.6.25-rc3 on T61p (was Re: new regressionin 2.6.25-rc3: no keyboard/lid acpi events on thinkpad T61p)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 17:58:15 EST

Hi!

> > > And earlier - I think 2.6.23 does it as well.
> >
> > But that one at least resumes fine, does it not?
>
> Nope, the resume-after-five-seconds and black-screen-after-resume have
> always been there (I've only had the thing a few months).
>
> I thought the restoring of the screen after resume is handled by the X
> server? I'm using the nv.o driver. Perhaps nvidia's driver handles it
> right, dunno.

Aha, so you do not have s2ram from suspend.sf.net installed, do you?

Restoring the screen is done by either

a) kernel/bios (acpi_sleep=..., or better s2ram -f -a X )

b) vbetool

c) X

. s2ram should detect your machine, and automatically set acpi_sleep
and/or perform vbetool magic.

Please try s2ram, there's good chance it will just work.
Pavel