Re: Configure MSI-X vectors to target different CPUs

From: caiying
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 22:37:34 EST

Thanks, Robert. My device does support multiple vectors.

When looking into functions called by pci_enable_msix(), I found msi_compose_msg() in arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c. It tries to get destination CPU (TARGET_CPUS) and set this information to msg->address_lo. My question is about TARGET_CPUS. Under the asm-i386/mach-default, it is the cpu_online_map. Under asm-i386/mach-bigsmp, it is the cpumask_of_cpu(cpu), where cpu is a single one. I would guess if a single CPU is set as destination, only that CPU will be interrupted. But what will happen when the cpu_online_map is set as destination? Any CPU can be interrupted then? Or depending on affinity of the corresponding irq?

Please
CC'ed
me
(caiying@xxxxxxxxx)