Re: -next build logs

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 18:36:39 EST

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:15:37 +0100 Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
the allmodconfig builds at http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/9/ seem to lack a few drivers even though they are properly enabled in the respective config. Is it simply because everything is rebuilt on top of a previous build?

That's interesting. I thought they were built from a clean tree each
time but I will discuss this with Michael Ellerman who created this build
system.

I noticed it while looking how well drivers/firewire/ (CONFIG_FIREWIRE*) and drivers/ieee1394/ (CONFIG_IEEE1394*) are compiled in -next; i.e. you can just check for the firewire ones as one example of potentially missing compiles. On the other hand, I also saw some LDs without corresponding preceding CCs, so it rather looks like there was already something compiled.

Do you mail only errors to maintainers or also compiler warnings?

Currently I am only concerned with actual failures.

OK, I will just look myself into the logs then. Thanks,
--
Stefan Richter