Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] CPUSET driven CPU isolation

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 02:50:44 EST

* Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My vision on the direction we should take wrt cpu isolation.
>
> Next on the list would be figuring out a nice solution to the
> workqueue flush issue.

nice work Peter, i find this "system sets" extension to cpusets a much
more elegant (and much more future-proof) solution than the proposed
spreadout of the limited hack of isolcpus/cpu_isolated_map. It
concentrates us on a single API and on a single mechanism to handle
isolation matters. (be that for clustering/supercomputing or real-time
purposes)

Thanks for insisting on using cpusets for this!

i've queued up your patches in sched-devel.git, and lets make sure this
has no side-effects on existing functionality. (it shouldnt)

Ingo