Re: Interactivity issue in 2.6.25-rc3

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 14:18:48 EST

* Carlos R. Mafra <crmafra2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to report a bad interactivity which happened in my desktop
> running the latest kernel (2.6.25-rc3-00081-g7704a8b).
>
> I tried to play 'flightgear' and the desktop became _very_ slow while
> flightgear was "loading scenery objects" (a task which never finished
> and I could not play it).
>
> The desktop is a P4 @ 3.0 GHz, 512MB, with the nv graphics driver.

yes, but this means you run the soft-3D driver under Xorg, right? That
is known to starve its clients. The stats you sent show no worse than a
few tens of msecs delays caused by CPU scheduling itself:

mrxvt (3730, #threads: 1)
se.wait_max : 18.679129

so the scheduler kept things within the ~40 msecs default latency
target:

.sysctl_sched_latency : 40.000000

Ingo