Re: [BUG] soft lockup detected with ipcs

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Feb 29 2008 - 06:44:28 EST

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Jiri Olsa wrote:

> when I run 'ipcs' my system freeze up immediatelly. I was able to get
> kernel BUG message once, I think it is not printed out all the time it
> freeze.
> I tried on 2.6.24, 2.6.20 and 2.6.18.
> I attached screenshot from 2.6.18 freeze and config.

Could you please turn all the lock debugging options in your .config on
(most importantly CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING, and all the other lock debugging
options might come handy too) and try again, to see if we get any debug
error messages? I'd guess that someone is holding mqueue_inode_info->lock
for too long or there is some AB-BA deadlock on it, which lockdep and
friends might be able to diagnose.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs